Loading... Please wait...

How do I perform professionally

It's always nice to be able to take your hobby to the next level as a professional performer. We can't give you specific guidelines for performing in your area, because everywhere has different requirements. However, we will try to get you going in the right direction.

First, here is a link to some basic venue guidelines.

Second, you're going to want to have performer insurance.

We recommend Specialty Insurance Agency. They have been around for a long time, are reasonably priced and well trusted.

Next, you're going to need to put in permits and work with the local fire Marshal. Just because you have dealt with one city, don't assume the next one will be the same. Requirements can vary state to state, city to city and fire marshal to fire marshal. Your best option is to always be professional, courteous and thorough because the fire marshal has final say.

Below is a link to some guidelines and forms that we have created with the help of the California State Fire Marshal for putting together public fire performance shows. While this is set up for California, it can be a good starting point in other locations, especially if they don't already have a set procedure in place.

United Fire Artists

It is difficult to say what to charge for a performance. It ultimately comes down to what the client is capable and willing to pay. You have to determine how much your time is worth, how much you need the exposure, and how much you want the gig. Obviously, you can ask for more if you're doing a performance for Microsoft as opposed to your friend's birthday party. If you have to jump through a lot of hoops to be legit, charge appropriately.

Return to FAQ

Contact Us

Recent Updates


Connect with us Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram